Sunday, August 13, 2017

May 29, 2017 - The Book is True!

Fam,

The weeks are already getting faster and faster. I don't have a clue how it is monday and I'm back. Well this week was another good one down. This week a couple things that were awesome happened. Just an average week in the life of a missionary. Well first off I had the opportunity to work with the man Elder Togisala for a day and I learned ton from him and he said that he learned from me but i doubt it. Well besides being Steven and Nacho eating elotes locos (corn on a stick) we had some awesome lessons and really felt the spirit very strong. He has been an awesome leader and its going to be sad when he leaves us. The work will go on. Another experience that we had was one lesson in specific with an investigator named Jose. Yes we do have mulitple Joses but this one was a special lesson. So we have been working with him since conference and he has been coming along slowly but surely. He is the nephew of a long time member and she just now decided to bring him along to conference in Abril. From thhe way I desciribed it he sounds like a little kid but although he does act like a little kid he is like 40 something ears old. Well he has been reading and praying but he didn't want to give up coffee for the longest time. Once he got to about 3 weeks he drank coffee again so we kep having to push his baptisimal date back. Well this lesson I asked him why he wanted to get baptised. He had a short answer but a powerful one. He said, "Because it is a commandment and I want to follow Jesus Christ."That reminded me that we are here every day to follow Christ. We are here to be His servants and do what is right. I have seen a big change in Jose and I am proud to say that he is getting baptised this upcoming weekend. 

The last little thing that happened this week was probably one of the most important ones. So this week for the first time in my mission I finished The Book of Mormon. I know it took me a while but after almost 8 months I finished. All I can say is wow, how can that book not be true. Along with the spirit that confirms the divinity of that book how could a young boy with almost no education come up with that big of a lie, write a book with no errors, and be willing to give his life for it. I have been pondering and praying about The Book of Mormon for a reforcing answer that the book is of God and none else. Right after finishing the last word, I knelt down and asked my Heavenly Father yet again if The Book is the truth. I didn't get an automatic response but I did get the same answer again. I know that The Book of Mormon is Another Testament of Jesus Christ. He did show Himself to the Americas. He did call prophets to guide the people here. He did guide and bless these people also. The only thing that I can say is to read it. Not only read it but put into practice what Moroni 10:3-5 says and read, ponder, and pray to recieve your own answer. I can say all I want but it is nothing like you coming to know for yourself that it is true, it is scripture and, it is life changing. I hope we can all find the truth and light in this life. We have it sitting in our hands and all we have to do is read it!

I love you all! I love this work. I love my mission. I love El Salvador and the people here. And most importantly I love my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Have and awesome week!

Love,
Elder Mark Daniel Adams





No comments:

Post a Comment