Sunday, August 13, 2017

May 1, 2017 - Important and Eternal

Wow it feels like I was just writing yesterday. Well this week was another good week here in Usulután. We have had some awesome lessons and a sweet outcome at the church. All of my time we have been happy to have 4 investigators at the church... yesterday we had 7 show up and 3 of them for the first time. I know that our Heavenly Father is helping and blessing us in so many ways. 

So this week I learned a lesson that changed my thinking process and the way I teach also. So before we had always taught the Plan of Salvation but it wasn't one of the top priorities. We always taught the few lessons that people need to pass the Baptisimal interview and put other things on the back burner. So this week we taught a ton of The Plan of Salvation and focused a ton on the things that we need to do in this life or, our purpose in this life. Once we started teaching this a little bit more and not focusing as much on the other things, we started to see people really gaining a testimony and not just a knowledge of the baptisimal questions. I know that The Plan of Salvation is perfect and that only through the blood and mercy of our Savior and Redeemer Jesus Christ, it can be fufilled. When we focus on the things that really matter in this life and not on the things that seem to be important, people really change and actually grow to progress in this gospel. Like it says in 3rd Nephi, "But seek ye first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things shall be added unto you." When we focus on the things that are important and eternal, all the other pieces will fall into place. I have no doubt about it. I hope we can all realize how important and perfect this plan is for us and every single one of our Heavenly Father's children. I encourage each and every one of you to apply the teachings and good tidings that The Plan of Salvation brings ourlives AND bless others to know that we are here for a reason and we have a loving Heavenly Father. I love you all and I love this work. I love my  mission and I love my Heavenly Father. You're all in my prayers!

Love,
Elder Adams Jr.





No comments:

Post a Comment