Sunday, August 13, 2017

March 6, 2017 - Answered Prayers

Just to start out, because Mom I know you are freaking out, I am all better without eye or skin problems haha. Still don't know what it was but its gone and I'm in El Salvador, you learn to just not ask. Sorry I don't have a ton of time so this might be a little short, maybe not if I get on a ramble. This week was an awesome and super fast. We had a mixed baptismal service with the homeboy Elder Junior. We had 2 baptisms and he did also. We baptised a mother named Sandra and her son thats 8 years old named Mario, and we have the dad planned for the 18th of March. They are an awesome family who is always in church and they are always very active. 

Well I learned more from our baptismal service then anything. So it was supposed to start at 5 in the afternoon and we thought that we had everything planned and ready. To start off it was a little hard to plan because it was with 2 different wards and we had to coordinate everything. We called a bunch of people Tuesday so it wouldn't be too late like the Bishop, President of Relief Society and Primary to be there to support them. Of course they all said of course they were going to be there. Then we talked to the Ward Mission Leader and asked him to write up the agenda and assign a 3 minute talk to someone. 

On Saturday we went to the house of Sandra and Mario to go to the church. We got there 30 minutes early and thought we had plenty of time. Of course the bus we needed to take didn't leave for 30 minutes and we were a half hour late to our own baptisms. That stressed me out a bunch and I was hoping that when we got there we could just start. We got there and only the Bishop was there and some other members. Our ward mission leader didn't show up or call us. Long story short, everything fell through and we planned the baptism in 5 minutes right before it started. So I was already stressed out a ton and I thought I was going to mix up their names. I said a little prayer right before that it would all run smooth. My prayer was answered and after all the stress, we had an awesome service with 4 baptisms.

I learned to trust in our Lord that He will help us through our hard times and that we can always count on Him. He will always answer our prayers and help us through our challenges. That was just a tiny little example of how our Heavenly Father has answered my prayers and has helped me during the mission. I am so thankful for Him and His Son Jesus Christ. I love our members, converts, investigators, and even the drunk guys passed out in the street. I love you all with that same love and I know Christ loves us even more. Thats about it for the week. Hope you all have another awesome week and always remember the things that really matter in this life. 

Love,
Elder Adams Jr.

P.S. Yesterday Salvador gave us 4 references, none of which are in our area, but that doesn't matter. 4 separate families, 1 family of 16 another of 5 and the other two of 4. This man is a reference machine! We are still waiting for his divorce to finalize but the lawyer told us that it should be done by the end of the month!
In the trunk of a taxi with my guys when I had to look like an FBI agent all day
Juan completing years

The master chef with that flow


We first taught them the Gospel, now its time to teach them how to smile
Baptizing brothers! (I promise I'm not getting that chubby my shirt is just big!)



No comments:

Post a Comment