Sunday, August 13, 2017

May 22, 2017 - Blessings of Faith

Fam,
Well we are back here sitting in a little sketchy internet "cyber" writing again. Well this week has flown by. It was a crazy week all over the place but awesome at the same time. We found some new investigators and finally got the spark with a few of our other investigators.

Well last week I talked a little bit about going to this one place "Transito" and not having success at all. Well this week we focused all of our lessons on going to church and how important the assistance at Sacrament Meeting is. We also made plans and verified every time we passed by for Sunday. Once again we went bright and early on our bus ride to go pick up some people. First house no one, second house 1 member, 3 house no one. I started to get a little bit down and started to think that it was going to be another day just like last Sunday. Well we went to the last house where we had planned to pick up a sister and her 2 daughters. Well when we got there, those 3 and 2 of their cousins who live there too were ready and waiting for us. We got to church with our 5 investigators from Transito and saw 6 more of our investigators already there and a member with her friend. This was the biggest jump that I have seen in my mission so far. We had 2 investigators last week and this week 11 and a future investigator. I know that this was a God sent miracle and nothing else. I Know that my faith was tried last week and this week we were blessed for continuing to work with our heads up. One thing that we explain to people is the things that happen before a miracle. Many people say that seeing a miracle would bring them faith and they would believe. Well we explain that before we must have that faith, have it tested, and lastly the miracle. It never goes in the opposite direction. Miracles do not create faith. Just like in the scriptures, before Jesus would heal or raise from the dead, he would always ask if they had faith. Faith brings miracles! I know that last week was that trial of faith and now we saw a huge miracle. My testimony and faith have grown immensely. I can now say with a certainty that this Church is the only true church on the face of this world. I know that we have a loving Heavenly Father who only wants to bless us. I know that He also has a plan for each and everyone of us. We might not be able to see or understand the things that are happening in our day to day lives but they all are for our benefit. I hope we can all put our faith in practice and look for all the little miracles that come from our trials. 

On a little more funny note, last week, I was talking with Mom about giving talks. I told her that I have had the "luck" to have not been called on to give talks and how the other Elders have. Well when we walked through the Chapel doors a little late with our investigators, we heard "after that we will hear from the companionship of Elder Adams and Elder de Leon. Not only was I called on to give a talk but unadvised and totally off guard. Well it all worked out fine and I didn't make too many grammatical errors haha. Well I love you all and keep looking for those miracles through our trials of faith! Have an awesome week! For the last time...
Love,
Elder Adams Jr

P.S. Kevin you are the man! You are a huge role model to me and I know that you served an awesome mission. I will always look up to you as a brother and an example. I hope I can be a fraction of the Elder that you were and will continue to be back at home. Its going to be weird not being Jr. anymore but i will continue to try to be like my older brothers and everything that you have done!

P.S.S. Just trying to be a little more like Grandpa Brown and kiss that snake.







No comments:

Post a Comment