Sunday, August 13, 2017

February 27, 2017 - Trust In Him

Throughout the little bit of time I have on the mission, I have come to find out that we learn valuable lessons every single day. So this week I learned a very valuable lesson, that I hope you all can benefit from.  So Thursday morning I woke up with my eyes a little red and it just looked like I was tired, but as the day went on, they got a little bit worse. Friday morning it was worse and my eyes were a little more swollen so we decided to call the nurse. She told us what type of medicine to go get and then said that I needed to stay in the house and out of the sun. I was super bummed because we had a sweet day planned and we were going to visit some of our families that were really progressing. Because of this we lost our work time and couldnt do much to help our investigators progress. I called Elder Junior (he is our District Leader) to let him know that we couldnt work and I told him how I was upset because we couldnt got help people progress to their baptisms. He asked me one question, "Do you want baptisms or do you want converts?"I didnt think much about it and of course I said converts. He went on to say if one day of not visiting someone is goiing to change their testimony, they are just a baptism. If they can continue on and progress by themselves, they will be true converts. I have been pondering this thought the rest of the week and I have accepted this reality. At first I was mad that we couldnt go out and teach but now I learned to put my faith in the Lord. He will bless us when we truly trust in Him. This experience made me think of a family home evening that we have given a few times. We have one person put a tube up to their eye so they can only see a little circle. We then place an image in front of the tube so they can only see a little part and they have to say what the picture is. Of course no one can say what the big picture is. We then compare it to our lives and how we take on life. We can only see this little part of the great plan that God has for us. He can see all of the picture, the hard times, the blessings, and the challenges. We have to put our faith in God and trust that it is for our benefit. I had taught this lesson probably 6 or 7 times and I hadnt really learned the principle. This week and through this challenge, I have come to know that when we put our confidence in the Lord, it will all work out. Maybe a few of our investigators did fall throuugh the cracks, but it might not be their time right now. I hope you can all put your faith in practice and not just go through the motions. Before this week I feel like I was just going through the motions and not actually relying on our Heavenly Father.

I know that our Heavenly Father loves us and that everything happens for a reason. We havent seen many of the blessings from this challenge, but I know they will come. "Yea, and how is it that ye have forgotten that the Lord is able to do all things according to His will, for the children of men, if it so be that they exercise faith in Him? Wherefore, let us be faithful to Him."(Nephi 7:12)

I love you all and I hope you all have an awesome week full of spiritual experiences! Put your faith in practice and you will see miracles, I promise you!
Love,
Elder Adams Jr.

Pics: 
Progress on the house. Its still coming along!



No comments:

Post a Comment