Monday, August 14, 2017

July 31, 2017 - Berlin

Wow what a week. So this week has been a week that I won't be able to forget. Like I said last time, I was going to get changed from my area but we didnt know where. I forgot to say that we had been in a trio with an Elder named Elder Ortiz because his companion Elder Togisala went home a week early. We found out later on Monday that Elder Ortiz was going to have transfers also so we had to go running around in the 2 areas getting things done, saying goodbye to people and preparing the area for Elder Laguna and his next companion. Of course saying bye to our converts, members, and investigators was not easy at all but like I said the last time, I could feel how much I have grown to love these people and how much of a family they are to me. I am so happy for this time I was in Usulután but I know I am needed here in Berlin. 

So our new area is a 360 turn around from Usulután. We went from one of the hottest areas in the mission now to the top of a mountain and the coldest area in our mission. Luckily I brought 1 sweater and 1 long sleeve shirt! Well along with all the change there hasn't been missionaries here for a few months so the area is pretty silent but we have been getting to work and starting the fire again here. Well I know I am here for a reason and I know that this is another challenge put in front of me so I can grow and learn to be more humble. 

Well like i was explainingI was in a trio with Elder Ortiz for a week and we got put here together to open Berlin! Well I am happy to still be in the same Zone and only about an hour in bus from my old area and so grateful for this challenge in front of me. I love you all and thank you all for the birthday wishes. I already got the best present today, after 5 days we finally got beds tables and a microwave! I am happy to not be sleeping on the floor anymore! Love you all!

Love,
Elder Mark Daniel Adams

No comments:

Post a Comment